Join us for our annual Christmas party on Sunday, Dec. 10, 12:30-2:30pm.
This will be a family friendly event with lunch, crafts and family fun.
If you would like more information about our FAMS ministry, call Kelie in the church office, 877-7069, x1.
The FAMS Ministry at Paradise Alliance Church exists to assist those members of our church who are seeking to obey God’s command in James 1:27 to “look after orphans in their distress and to keep themselves from being polluted by the world.”
Areas in which you can help in or ask for help in:
Date Night Childcare
It is imperative that the parents get some time alone to strengthen their marriage since the health of the marital relationship is crucial to the health of the whole family.
Mentor and Support Group
Our goal is that each of our Foster/Adopt Families has a support network around them to offer prayer, encouragement, counsel, mentorship, a shoulder to lean on, and a listening ear. We want to give our parents a sense that they “are not alone.”
- Unlicensed person cannot transport foster child (licensed person can).
- Unlicensed person can transport biological children.
- This can be very helpful when Foster Parents have to make court dates, doctor appointments etc. as Foster Kids often have more appointments to keep than biological children.
A special scholarship fund is set up to fund things beyond what the state provides for such as Sports, Dance, Music, Voice, Drama, Art, etc.
The state has certain requirements that a home must meet in order to take in Foster kids. This team would bring the home “up to code” on such things as…
- Child proof meds & chemicals & firearms.
- Install fire extinguishers; set max temperature on water heaters
- Secure/repair doors and windows, pool fences, etc.